Charlotte, N.C. – On Tuesday, April 5, 2017, Charlotte Area Technology Collaborative (CATC) held the 23rd Annual Blue Diamond Awards to honor individuals and companies responsible for the best achievements in technology in the Charlotte region. The winners were announced live at a ceremony held at the NASCAR Hall of Fame; more than 300 attended. All finalists received awards, and winners gave speeches that included the words, “amazing,” “humbled” and “honored.” For more information on the event, visit www.bluediamondawards.com.
The winners were as follows:
• Business Value Small - Jackrabbit Technologies
• Business Value Medium - SnapAV
• Business Value Corporate - LPL Financial
• Business Value Non-Profit - Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
• Business Value Analytics & Big Data (two-way tie) Cardinal Innovations Healthcare & Stratifyd
• Cool Innovation - High Point Market/Skookum
• Community Outreach - Olympic Schools Talent Development Partnership
• Human Capital - Tech Talent South
• IT Entrepreneur - Keith Luedeman, goodmortgage.com
• Student Innovator - Jack Balogh, Charlotte Latin School
The Blue Diamond Awards celebration was presented by Ally Bank and CATC’s community partners Ballantyne IT Professionals, Charlotte Chamber, Packard Place, SIM (Society for Information Management) Charlotte Chapter and BIG (Business Innovation Growth).
The Charlotte Area Technology Collaborative (CATC) brings together businesses, education, government and organizations to promote and grow the development of a diverse and skilled technology pipeline. The Collaborative provides learning and growth opportunities for future and current technology professionals, promoting innovation and entrepreneurism advancing the technology profession and fostering economic development. CATC Initiatives include WISE (women in technology) and educational mentorship and internships for high school and college students. CATC aspires to be Charlotte’s hub for the technology community and a clearinghouse for meaningful and needed technology education and activities in the Charlotte Region.